The bulk of the amaranth seed is its starch consisting of 50-65 % by weights of unique type.
Amaranth starch is among the rare groups of small granule size - roughly size ranging from 1 - 3 microns. It consists only of the branched polymers. This small size of the granules contributes it to give silky texture, uniform cell structure, excellent moisture retention and good clarity.
It is widely used in baby foods, breads and rolls, cakes, cereals, chips, confectionery, cookies, cosmetics, crackers, desserts, Dairy Products, Doughnuts, Dry Mixes, Herbal Teas, Nutritional Bars, and Nutritional Beverages.
Many outstanding properties associated with amaranth starch are
- AMARANTH STARCH withstands four freeze thaw cycles making it use on frozen foods.
- In vitro study shows that amaranth starch is digested 2-3 times rapidly than other regular starches.
- AMARANTH STARCH has a lower pasting temperature of 63 degree celcius versus 76 degrees for corn starch, which makes it a better candidate for use in instant soups, vegetable soups, where it could maintain complete dispersion of the product during filling.
- AMARANTH STARCH small size of the granule makes it use as talc replacement, aerosol carrier for cosmetics ans as a biodegradable filler in polymeric packaging's.
- AMARANTH STARCH has very high water binding capacity
- AMARANTH STARCH has low tendency to retrograde.
- AMARANTH STARCH has adhesion of better quality.
- AMARANTH STARCH good for emulsion foods like salad dressings as.
- AMARANTH STARCH used as a protective collouid to prevent or reduce protein danaturation in cannned foods.
- AMARANTH STARCH has a good susceptibility to enzymatic degradation by pancreatin ansd glucoamylase.
- AMARANTH STARCH has a good retention of viscosity.
We offer a product
- AMARANTH STARCH- 90-95% STARCH CONTENT ON DRIED BASIS